- Assistant Medical Director of Emergency Services
- Colon-Rectal Surgery
- Critical Care/Intensivist
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine - Director of Emergency Medicine Simulation
- Emergency Medicine at Warren General Hospital
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine in Ridgeway, PA
- Hospitalist at Warren General Hospital
- Internal Medicine
- Neurological Surgeon
- Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon
Emergency Medicine- Assistant Medical Director of Emergency Services
The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Hamot is seeking an Assistant Medical Director of Emergency Services in achieving the clinical, educational and research mission/objectives of the department. This includes ensuring the delivery of quality care to all patients as needed and to ensure that the Emergency Department aligns with all hospital needs and mission. She/he will work to have all in the department comply with standards and regulations set forth by TJC and other regulatory agencies and the hospital/Medical staff bylaws. In collaboration with the Medical Director, this person will provide leadership by developing and implementing a strategic plan and establishing organizational priorities. Finally, the assistant medical director will serve as needed with the medical director is unavailable.
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Advise the director in key policy decisions in the field of emergency medicine and it's practice within the UPMC Health System, and aid in policy development, faculty evaluation, and staff assessment.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal/external organizations.
- Assists regular review and evaluation of all quality and appropriateness of patient care.
- Prepare/assist with work schedule for physicians and midlevel providers.
- Coordinates academic activities for the department.
- Participate in budgetary planning and required reports.
- Serve on committees as requested by the Medical Director.
- Work with administration to promote and obtain adequate reimbursement for hospital and physician services from third party payers as needed.
About UPMC Hamot
UPMC Hamot, located in Erie, PA, is a 412-bed non-profit tertiary care hospital. UPMC Hamot is a fully accredited Level II Trauma Center and is the only trauma center within 100 miles.
UPMC Hamot is consistently an award winning hospital, most notably being recognized nationally by Thomson Reuters and US News & World. For several years the National Research Corporation found UPMC Hamot to be the number one choice for healthcare in the Erie community. These acknowledgments speak volumes about the high quality care we deliver every day.
The Medical Staff has over 400 physicians representing most specialties and subspecialties and we have residency training programs in Orthopaedic Surgery, Neurology and Emergency Medicine.
As the fourth largest city in Pennsylvania, Erie has an abundance of resources in culture, recreation and education. Erie and Hamot overlook Presque Isle Bay and Peninsula. Lake Erie offers the perfect setting for boating, water skiing, scuba diving, wind surfing, sailing and fishing. Close proximity to the Allegheny Mountains affords easy access to Alpine and Nordic skiing.
Cultural offerings include a nationally recognized symphony orchestra, ballet and dance companies, playhouse theatre groups and the Presque Isle Downs and Casino. Erie is also home to professional baseball, basketball and ice hockey teams. For children Erie offers a planetarium, the Erie Zoo, a Children's Museum, community parks, an amusement park and in and outdoor water parks. Erie has a selection of excellent public, private and parochial schools, as well as four local colleges and universities.
For more information on this opportunity please contact:
Brandi Kinney, Physician Recruiter