Transcending the limitations of both open surgery and laparoscopy, robotic surgery provides a virtual extension of the surgeon's eyes and hands into the surgical suite. This technology expands our ability to offer a minimally invasive option for many complex procedures.
- High-resolution, 3D video
- Fully articulating instruments
- State-of-the-art robotic technology
- Unparalleled dexterity, precision, and control
- Patients enjoy shorter length of stay, lower complication rates, less post-op pain, and superior outcomes
The advantage of this robotic technology is that it is less invasive for more complex surgeries that are difficult to perform laparoscopically and might otherwise require a large incision and prolonged recovery. This device also features a system simulator for surgeons to perform drills and improve their performance on the robot.
UPMC Hamot surgeons using robotic technology include:
- Colon & Rectal Surgeons of Erie
- Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists of NWPA
- Bayside Ob/Gyn Infertility
- Ob/Gyn Associates of Erie
- Lakeview Urologic Surgeons
- Magee Specialists at UPMC Hamot
- Bariatric Surgery Center
For more information, please call 814-877-5678.