Imaging Services for Canadian Residents
UPMC Hamot provides patients with access to some of the most advanced diagnostic and minimally invasive treatments available today. The Radiology Department provides a wide range of radiology procedures, including general radiography, special procedures, computerized tomography (CT scan), mammography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine studies, ultrasound, portable radiography, interventional diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures.
If you are incurring a scheduling backlog for testing involving diagnostic imaging, we can accommodate all of your imaging needs:
- CT including cardiac CT
- MRI including breast MRI
- Mammography including imaged-guided BXs
- Nuclear medicine
- All general radiographic exams
Our centers are located throughout the region with convenient weekday and weekend hours:
- UPMC Hamot - 201 State St. - 814-877-6182 - CT, MR, ultrasound, bone density, interventional and special procedures, nuclear medicine, and diagnostic x-ray.
- Sterling Square - 3406 Peach St. - 814-877-5381 - CT, MR, ultrasound, mammography, diagnostic x-ray and bone scans.
- North East - 2060 North Pearl St. - 814- 877-7400 - Diagnostic x-ray and mammography.
- Waterford - 991 Route 19 - 814-796-6330 - Diagnostic x-ray and mammography.
- Fairview - 7287 W. Ridge Road - 814-474-1732 - Diagnostic x-ray and mammography.
- Summit - Located in the EPN Urgent Care Center, 7200 Peach St., Ste. 420 - 814-860-3301 - Diagnostic X-Ray.
- UPMC Hamot Heart Institute - 104 E. Second St. - 814-877-5560 - MRI.
- West 26th St.& Legion Road - Located in the EPN Urgent Care Center, 2861 W. 26th St. - 814-860-3301 - Diagnostic X-Ray.
We are dedicated to providing our Canadian neighbors with the same high-quality care we offer all our patients every day.
You will need a prescription from your doctor to schedule a test. UPMC Hamot will provide the results of your test to your personal physician by phone or fax.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call 814-877-6123.
We accept cash, bank drafts, money orders, and all major credit cards. Payments must be in U.S. funds.
Will OHIP or my insurance pay for my tests?
That depends on the circumstances. Call OHIP and your insurance company to request payment information on tests conducted in the United States. We ask that you pay us directly for your test. In turn, we will provide you with a bill to submit for reimbursement.
All these factors ensure that our patients are cared for in a comprehensive and time-sensitive manner.